Monday, January 5, 2009

Today is a beautiful day!


Life is so precious and so are the people who surround us. On this beautiful day, two years ago, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl Ayannah Elise Harris. As I lay in the hospital on that day, never did I imagine that my life would change in such a dramatic way. For one, I was now the mother of two children and I was scared! Scared that I wouldn’t be able to manage the simple things, like going to the grocery store alone or pumping gas at the local gas station, things that most people take for granted, however this was my deepest (and somewhat silliest) fear.
As the seasons change, so have my thoughts, feeling and insecurities. My children are my light. They are the reason I press forward and embark on my path to happiness. They keep me young. They teach honesty, and on this special day, I was excited to spend the day with my girls. As we ventured to the local park, ate lunch on the benches, and ran around excitedly across the playground, I was thrilled to see the smiles on their faces as they called for me to follow behind. With the wind slightly brushing across my face, I saw life again as I began to swing alongside my oldest daughter and my birthday girl across my lap.
What a joy it was to swing high, and think back to the days I wasn’t afraid to jump in the air and land someplace on the ground. To wait so impatiently in line to slide down the crowed slides and race to the line to get another chance. I was in the moment and I enjoyed it. I smiled A LOT and thanked God for every moment of truth. Wow! What beautiful day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment