Sunday, September 19, 2010

Doing What You Love


Ever been told "Its more fun when you do what you love?" Well, I must say I've heard that phrase more times than I can count, but it wasn’t until I discovered what I loved that made that phrase make so much sense.
When I first stumbled upon the craft of candle making, i must say that I was very intimidated. There were so many different types of waxes, scents, and wicks to choose from, that in the very beginning I was ready to throw the towel in and stick to what I knew which was other bath and body products. But as time grew, and I began to seek more knowledge on the craft, I soon discovered how much I really enjoyed it!

Family and friends would find me lost in the candle sections in various stores and I’d find myself drifting in thought on my next candle making experience. I must say that it is refreshing to do something you love. Waking up in the early hours to start on a task that doesn’t seem like “work” is an excellent way to start your day. I am constantly thinking of new ways to mix candles, or new containers that I’d like to try with new scents. It’s a never ending thought process I must say, but I’m doing what I love . .and I encourage you to do the same!!

No comments:

Post a Comment